Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Inspiration, God's Way

These are a few of the over 100 Thank You gifts for the CT Ladies Day I made.  The theme for the day was "Singing In The Rain".  The scripture on the back of each favor was from Isaiah 43, 
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior..."
I was so encouraged by everything, the singing, lessons, skits, prayers and just seeing God working through all the "storms and rainy" times in each of our lives and knowing He is covering us with His "umbrella" was so uplifting!  Learning how to "sing in the rain" is one of the hardest things but one of God's blessings because only after the rain do we experience His beauty!  I love the song by Mercy Me, "Bring The Rain", part of the lyrics are,
"Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings your glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus, 
Bring the Rain"
At the end of the day we all sang that song and I could not help but think, ok God, bring the rain, bring the rain...
God is good, all the time!

No comments:

You also might like:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin